Worship is central to who we are and what we do as members of the Body of Christ. On Sunday mornings we gather to praise God for who God is and to thank God for all that He does for us. Worship centers us in the Word of God and sends us out to do God’s will in our day-to-day lives.
Lisha’s Kill Reformed Church worships God according to the liturgy of the Reformed Church in America. Our worship is Trinitarian, centered in the Bible as the Word of God, and follows the calendar of the Christian church. We endeavor to be actively inter-generational, not only on Children’s Day and Laity Sunday, but all through the year.
- Holy Communion: We celebrate the Lord’s Supper, or Holy Communion, on the first Sunday of each month and on Maundy Thursday. Communion is a joyous expression of the remembrance, communion and hope we have as members of Christ’s body.
- Music: Our worship services contain both traditional and contemporary musical elements. Although the organ is our primary instrument for worship, a keyboard and guitars are used to lead contemporary music. Our Adult Choir provides anthems for worship from September-June, and other individuals and groups share their musical gifts during the summer months.
- Adult Choir: Our Adult Choir, under the talented direction of JoAnne McNamara, is very active in leading the congregation in worship. The choir rehearses on Wednesday evenings from 7:30-9:00pm and prior to worship on Sundays. A large variety of choral music is selected according to the church calendar and worship themes.
- Outdoor Pavilion Worship: Situated as we are on busy Central Avenue in Colonie, New York, we are blessed to feature a covered outdoor pavilion located in woods on the church property. During the summer months we occasionally hold our regular Sunday worship service in the pavilion, which offers a unique opportunity for a wonderful awareness of God’s good creation.
- Other Worship Opportunities: Other types of worship opportunities, featuring different styles of worship such as contemporary and Taizé, are offered occasionally throughout the year. We welcome individuals to share musical talents on various instruments in our worship.
- Lenten Worship: Lent begins with Ash Wednesday (7:00pm service). Holy Week will include Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and our regular 9:30am Easter service.